Study, Serve, Fellowship
Find a Bible Study / Fellowship Group
Pastor David Wheeler firstname.lastname@example.org; 503-228-7465
Children’s & Youth Activities
Pastor Chris Shade email@example.com; 503-228-7465
Worship & Fellowship in Cambodian
Pastor Peter Im firstname.lastname@example.org; 503-228-7465
Serve at our Drop-in Center Meals for our Neighbors
Contact: Jack Brophy through FBC email@example.com 503.228.7465
- When: Each Week on Mondays and Thursdays starting at 9:00 AM
- What: Helping the chefs on staff prepare a meal using donations.
- When: Each Week on Mondays and Thursdays from 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM
- What: Serve a hot meal to our guests.
Contact: Bob Boughner through FBC firstname.lastname@example.org 503.228.7465
- When: Sundays at 8:30 AM or 10:45 AM
- What: Making sure everything is set-up, welcoming visitors, passing out bulletins, answering questions, receiving the morning’s offering.
- When: The first Sunday of every month
- What: Prepare the communion elements before service. At the 11:00 AM service, pass them out to the congregation during communion.
Volunteer for Office & Administrative Tasks
Cathy Francis email@example.com; 503-228-7465
Volunteer for Property & Maintenance Tasks
Keith Ponce firstname.lastname@example.org; 503-228-7465
Participate in Church Music
Travis Hatton email@example.com; 503-228-7465
Volunteer in our Church Library
Ruth Barnett 503-228-7465
Connect with our Partner Ministries
Contact: Jennifer Lawrence firstname.lastname@example.org 503.734.9299
- When: Each Week on Thursday 4:00 – 6:00 pm Prepare meal; 6:00 – 8:00 pm Help serve
- What: Helping the chefs on staff prepare and serve a meal to the guests
- When: Various times as needed.
- What: Being on call to lend a car and driver to various kids who need to get to appointments, sports practices, tutoring, etc.
Healthcare and Job Placement
- When: Ongoing
- What: Dinner & A Movie is in need of people to volunteer healthcare or dental services or money to help us keep the youth as healthy as possible. Dinner & A Movie is also in constant need of job placement for youth. There are always kids seeking work opportunities, and not enough organizations to which to refer them.
Donations: Go to http://dinnerandamoviepdx.com/donate/ to donate through PayPal or
Mail Check to:
Dinner & A Movie
PO Box 28237
Portland, OR 97228
Contact: Laura Young Lauray@camparrahwanna.org; 503-622-3189
Contact: Brooke Gray Info@embraceoregon.org 503.281.1801
Create a Welcome Box
- When: Anytime
- Follow the following instructions
- Decide the gender and age.
- Select a photo box (no shoeboxes). You can get photo boxes from Michaels, Fred Meyer, or Joann Fabrics
- Follow the attached instructions to fill it, include a note, label it, and seal it.
- Contact a Welcome Box Coordinator for a nearby drop-off location:
Office Moms and Dad
- When: Office Moms & Dads show up at DHS offices when a child is taken into foster care and awaiting their next placement. Children can spend hours waiting in the office with many unknowns. Office Mom & Dad volunteers are regularly available between 8am and 5pm (the hours that DHS offices are open) and can easily drop what they are doing to meet a child at the office. This volunteer role is fluid and dependent on the number of children entering into care.
- What: While caseworkers furiously make phone calls and manage the necessary paperwork, an Office Mom or Dad spends time entertaining and caring for the child during their most vulnerable time.
Donate: Go to https://www.embraceoregon.org/donate or call the number above.
Contact: Andy Peloquin email@example.com 503.703.0135
- When: Friday Nights from 5:00 pm – 10:00 pm
- What: Prepare a simple meal such as a soup supper. Help with the program and
- When: Varies
- What: Match with international students at least once a week for conversational practice and friendship. It is a great way to meet new friends and improve speaking skills.
Airport Pickups/Drop-offs and Hosting
- When: As needed. It is most needed around the beginning and end of the semesters (End of August, December, End of January, May)
What: Work with PSU and FOCUS to provide airport pick-ups and temporarily host students until they can move in to their dorm or apartment. Drop-off students at the airport.