First Baptist Church, Portland, Oregon, is seeking a qualified Sound Tech for Sunday mornings.
Pay: $16 per hour
Hours: 7:30 am to 1:00 pm Sunday, plus some occasional special event
The Sound Technician is a member of our Worship Team. It is important that you are in harmony with basic American Baptist doctrine if you wish to apply. Please see the “FBC Covenant” and “FBC Mission Statement” located on our website at www.fbc-portland.org, click on Beliefs and explore the statements of faith located there.
- Set up and tear down for morning worship services, including microphones, amplifiers, mixer board, speakers and laptop computer
- Troubleshoot sound quality problems
- Run basic 30 channel mixer board during services
- Run PowerPoint slideshow during services
- Occasionally run sound and/or video to mixer board through laptop
- Working cooperatively with Music Director and worship team for quality worship experience for congregation
- Report to Facilities Manager to report equipment failures and needs, equipment use and storage, as well as scheduling.
- One year experience with sound mixing in an auditorium (volunteer is OK)
- Familiarity with instruments, including electric guitar, keyboard (for set up and sound performance)
- Basic agreement with FBC Covenant
Find an application on our website: www.fbc-portland.org. Go to About Us, click on Employment Opportunities. This position requires references and a Background Check.
909 SW 11th Ave, Portland, OR 97205
Office hours Monday-Thursday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm